Gas City Slow Pitch League
NEW FOR 2017
- HOMERUN RULE: 5 Homeruns per game per team. This only counts for untouched balls hit directly over the fence. If a team exceeds 5 homeruns it will be an automatic OUT thereafter.
- Max run limit per inning is 10 runs instead of 15 from 2016 season. LAST INNING REMAINS OPEN!
- If the home team is winning going into the bottom of the last inning, THEY DON’T TAKE their last bats.
- If a player hits a homerun (over the fence) they have the option to walk off, but first they must touch 1st base. The player still has the option to run all the bases.
- Zero tolerance for use of DRUGS of any kind during or around ball complexes during play. 1st offence is team being suspended the following week, games will be forfeited, 2nd offence permanent removal from GCCSL. Please remember there are families and kids that attend games. If any situations arise, please contact the league so we can deal with it!
- Alcoholic beverages are illegal to consume in a public park. The Moose ball complex and Family Leisure Center facilities are both areas that fall under this heading. The league executive asks that you not consume alcohol around the playing fields. The leisure center being a family facility will be closely regulated. IF YOU OR ANY MEMBER OF YOUR TEAM DRINKS, YOU ARE DOING DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!! PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES!!!!
- ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL IN THE FIELD OF PLAY AT ANY TIME!!!!
Metal Cleats are illegal. Any player wearing METAL cleats must be substituted for immediately!!
THE HOME TEAM IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PUTTING THE BASES WAY AT THE END OF THE NIGHT. THE HOME TEAM IS THE TEAM THAT DOESN’T SWAP FIELDS ON GAME DAY.
THE HOME TEAM IS ALSO RESPOSIBLE FOR turning the lights OFF in a timely matter after your games. Please visit around building or parking lot.
In 2016 GCCSL bought a bat tester for the safety and fairness of our league. All bats that come into play MUST BE TESTED AND APPROVED BY THE LEAGUE. The league will only test bats with the following stamp:
If passed all bats will need the following sticker placed on the taper of the bat:
If a bat comes into play without the league sticker, the player is automatically out. If the bat comes into play for a second time, the team will forfeit the game. All instances MUST BE REPORTED TO THE LEAGUE ASAP. REPEAT TEAMS WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE LEAGUE!!
- Rosters are due at registration. No team will start the season until rosters are submitted to the executives. All games will count as a forfeit until handed in!!!!
- Team Captains Must upload their team onto the website prior to the start of the season.
- NO PLAYER CAN SIGN ON MORE THE ONE ROSTER. Each player playing in the league must sign a roster sheet for insurance purposes. A team can only place 20 players maximum on their roster. A player can only play on one team in the year end tournaments. (In 2017 we might be asking for roster submissions for the year ends)
- If you pickup a free agent, please let us know so we can remove them from the list.
RULES OF THE GAME (READ THE 2017 SPN RULE BOOK)
GCCSL FOLLOWS ALL 2017 SPN RULES, EXCEPT FOR THE FOLLOWING HOUSE RULES:
- The walk rule for our league is as follows: When a male batter is walked in four consecutive pitches when a female batter follows them in the order the male batter advances to second base. The female batter must then take her scheduled at bat.
- A team may use ANY pitcher/catcher combination they choose.
- A team may only bat two (2) male players in a row in any part of the batting order. If a team leads off with two (2) males at the top of the order, a female MUST be at the bottom of the order.
- Women are allowed to bunt at any division.
- Members of the executive will not cancel games due to poor weather. It is up to the teams to decide themselves if they wish to play or not. If there is to be a game, BOTH teams must agree. Teams cannot force other teams to play if they do not wish to. If teams decide to cancel game(s), please notify league executive. WHY PAY FOR A FIELD WE ARE NOT USING.
- If you cannot field a team on any given night, please be courteous to the other team and let them know in a reasonable timeframe, 12-24 hours. Any team that does not play 75% of scheduled games (due to inability to roster a team); will be removed from the league. Act of God and rainouts do not count towards this rule. This is not fair for the teams on the waiting list that want to play. Please let the league know if a team forfeits the game.
- Game MUST start on time! No new inning should begin after 1hr 5min has elapsed from the scheduled start time, NO EXCEPTIONS! Teams should be ready to begin at the scheduled time, which means line-ups/ score sheets should be ready to go.
- Teams may begin with eight (8) players (3 of which must be female) the game however must end with nine (9) players. (3 of which must be female. In both cases, automatic outs must be taken by the team that is short the players. If you have eight (8) players then two outs must be taken; if you have, nine (9) then one out must be taken. The outs will be submitted into the line-up wherever the one or two missing players would have batted. Teams should make every effort possible to field a complete team of Ten (10) players.
- A new or next to new ball is to be supplied by both teams before the start of the game.
- Since we are playing a recreational game in a rec league, fights will NOT be tolerated. Let us remember that we are all adults and we are here to have some fun.
- The infield fly is as follows; if the hitting team has runners on first and second; or first, second and third with less than two (2) outs the infield fly rule is in effect. This mean that is a hitter pops up the ball where an infielder using a reasonable amount of effort can make the catch the batter is out regardless if the ball is caught or not. If for whatever reason the ball is not caught, the batter is still out but the runners can advance at their own peril.
- Courtesy runners are only to be used after the opposing team has granted permission. They have the choice to let you use one or not. Also, they may only be used after all the other extra players have entered the game. The runner is to be of the same sex as the player they are running for, and MUST be the last player of that sex to be put out.
- There is no rule within this league that states an outfielder cannot into the field to catch a batted ball.
AFTER THE GAME
The winning team is responsible for submitting the score of the game online at http://www.gascityslowpitch.ca. You will be emailed your username and password. You can change it once you sign in your first time.
In fairness to all teams, scores must be submitted. Teams deliberately not submitting scores will be subject to disciplinary action by the league.
In the event of a tie, the home team should submit the score. Ties will be scored 7-7. Defaults/Forfeits will be scored 7-0. Teams will have until Saturday at midnight to submit scores for games played that week. Scores that are not reported will be recorded as losses for both teams.
In the event that there is a tie in the standings the tie will be broken as follows:
- The team records against each other.
- The team with the most number of wins.
- The team with the fewest number of losses. (if different than in two)
- Runs for and against. Plus or minus in runs total will be compared. The better of the two will move on.
The league format for tier movement is; the top two regular season division winners will move up the next tier. Consequently, the teams that finished in the bottom two positions in each division will move down to the next tier. In some instances, the executives may have to make changes to this rule to insure that all divisions are filled with teams at skill level.
Please note: Tier one winners cannot move up a division and the tier five teams cannot move down a division. They are also not removed from the league, as they will be a member until they choose not to be.
PLEASE REMEMBER SLOPITCH IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!! IF ANY SITUATIONS HAPPEN, PLEASE EMAIL THE LEAGUE!!!
THANK YOU, HAVE A GREAT SEASON!!!!!